Braised Chicken Thighs with Capers & Sundried Tomatoes
- 6 – Boneless Skin-On Chicken thighs
- 1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes, sliced into strips
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of capers
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 c. dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on the sides. In a medium size dutch oven or cast iron on high heat, sear thighs until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and saute the onions and garlic about 2-3 minutes or until translucent. Arrange the chicken inside neatly. Add the sundried tomatoes, capers, and fresh thyme all over the top of the chicken. Pour the white wine in. For extra rich flavor also add a tablespoon of unsalted Kerri Gold butter, mmmmmmm! Cover and braise for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the thighs.
- Remove from the oven and discard the thyme stems. Serve thighs with the juices over mashed potatoes.